Old 09-15-2019, 05:55 PM
wesing

Hello Liz and welcome to the board. FWIW I love all your quilts. The color selection on the Labyrinth Walk is excellent. Since you want to showcase the pattern and not the quilting, I'd do an all over design in a very fine thread in a light or light-medium grey. That will add a bit of texture to the quilt but not overpower it. If you want to go more challenging, pick a motif for each color and that will further enhance the piecing. For that I'd use a color that matches the fabric. You could do diagonal lines in the black, stipple the dark purple, vertical lines in the light purple. And pebble the white.

Here's an idea for the Bear's Paw. Since you love it, take a few blocks out of it and make it your personal cuddle quilt. Decide what size you would want for a nap or watching movies on the couch, and make it that size. Then quilt and bind it, and watch everyone want to grab "Mom's quilt" when they want some some comfort. Keep the extra blocks because you can always work them into another quilt. Maybe even use one in each of the quilts you'll be making for your husband and kids. Thanks for posting your pics.