View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 04:38 PM
AprilM

Thank you everyone, being involved with the making and giving away of quilts to anyone in need is truly a highlight of my life!

Someone asked if i quilted with the yellow thread on this machine - yes i did! It is a regular size spool of YLI bright yellow variegated thread. I can use it in the upright position on my machine (instead of the horizontal spool holders) because it is wound the same way as cone thread is. Because it’s a smaller spool and this particular thread is so “slick” i did put a thread net on it. Worked great and had absolutely no tension problems - i even used Aurifil/White thread in the bobbin and had no poking through of either color to the top or back! I was pretty surprised 😊 If anybody needs info on the YLI thread i would be happy to look that up for you!

These two quilts are only the 2nd and 3rd quilts i have finished on my new machine since July! I bought it last October and was a little intimidated by it for months 😵 Now i wish i hadnt tried to talk myself out of getting the machine for the last 5 years!!! You know how it is... do i really need it???