View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 06:50 PM
Janice McC

Here’s how it looks now.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]617512[/ATTACH]
Oh, how much time was put into the color of the sashing! I gratefully took all your suggestions and went down to my LQS. Four of us pulled fabric after fabric, at least 2 hours, until we narrowed it down to the light green. It was the only color that didn’t overwhelm the lights, the 15 different greens and Joan’s very delicate fabric colors. I walked out of there with enough for this project and a bunch more blenders for myself to help cover the expense of their time. My gosh!

I put 12 blocks on the front and several more on the back. The reason for this was three-fold. First I’m working on a small throated DSM and the larger the quilt, the greater the struggle, even QAYG. Two, I had difficulty with a couple of blocks both in size and shape so I compensated allowing them to determine placement. Three, I was already having neuro issues and each section became harder and slower than the last and I feared I’d never finish a larger quilt, an utterly unacceptable outcome as you can well guess.. So, I tried to channel Joan a bit and did precisely what I wanted to do. We who knew Joan for years know she often went her own way so I went my own way. All blocks made are being used and overall I’m pleased. It needs a bit of pressing and straightening out on the design board but you get the drift. Next up borders and then binding. I’m debating the size of the outer borders but I won’t wait long to decide as my personal projects are piling up fast. Grandbaby is coming soon (3 months) and I’ve got some items to sew for her or him.
Attached Thumbnails 15940c77-95ac-4c8a-90c0-ea16396a2608.jpeg