View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 04:25 AM
lilli480

[QUOTE=wesing;8303603]I would definitely recommend ditching the ironing board and making yourself a flat ironing surface. It can be placed on your horizontal space when you need it and slid behind a piece of furniture when you don't. There are tutorials galore on YouTube. I attached a pic of mine. We've been able to carve out a "permanent" space for it so it stays where it is full-time now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617572[/ATTACH]I did this also until the heat from the iron transferred through and warped my cutting mat. So do be careful. However you can take that same iron board and put it on your table end when needed. A small TV tray covered for an ironing surface works great. I use an old microwave cart on wheels for my pressing mat. It can then roll next to me and make my sewing surface L shaped. Maybe on your wire shelves you can “hook” a display wall to hang. They can be made from the pink insulation sheet covered with flannel. Then it is removable if you need to get something off the shelf and something better to look at than filled shelves. Good luck! Your room will evolve over time.

Last edited by lilli480; 09-20-2019 at 04:28 AM.