View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 06:32 AM
Feathers

Originally Posted by Diamonds
Personally I think accurate cutting and making sure the sewing is a quarter of an inch is the only way to get everything to line up right... I try to be as precise as I can.. I do notice when I take the time and care that my blocks go together without any problem..
LuvABargain: I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with everything DIAMONDS wrote above but I also think your iron is your BEST FRIEND and that pressing your seems in the right direction so each junction of your quilt blocks "nest or spoon" next to each other makes your work much easier and your finished block looks so much nicer than having things all caddywampus. Another thing I always do when I'm laying out my blocks before sewing them together is to number the rows with a safety pin with a tiny piece of paper with the number on it. I also put a TOP and BOTTOM designation as I don't always have time to sew all the rows of blocks together in one sitting so this helps me keep everything straight. When you are making blocks (like scrappy quilt blocks) it's important to try and arrange the colors and the fabrics so the same color or fabric blocks aren't next to each other. If they aren't labeled I end up with a mess and then it's rip, rip, rip, rip and I'd rather SEW, SEW, SEW! :lol: