View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 03:16 AM
Sharonquilts

I am in a similar situation ... except I still have a full size bed, dresser, TV stand, and 5-drawer chest in my room to deal with. My DH feels we still need to keep these ... just in case. So I added a 6 ft. folding table that just fits partly over the end of the bed. This has worked out very well. I can put my cutting mat on it and can use it as an ironing station (w/removable padding, of course). While it's still not ideal, it's better than going downstairs to the dining room to cut or the laundry room to iron. My sewing machine/cabinet are in the corner to the right. Since they are very near to the closet, I don't have room to add a table behind for more support of quilts.

I have a small desk in the garage I need to finish painting to sit my embroidery machine on. Once that's finished, I'll put the TV on top of the chest (which I use to store some fabrics, etc.) and place the desk beside the dresser on the opposite side of the room to do embroidery. Also have fabrics stored on a shelf in the closet. My DH took over the closet for his winter clothers when our son moved out ... otherwise I would have a lot more storage space Hahaha.

One thing I've learned is that quilters will find a way to make space limitations work. We are a creative bunch. Ha.