View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 09:54 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

How is your health/stamina?

From what I've heard, it can be tiring.

And - what is the quality of your work?

If I am going to send something out, I expect it to be good.

Even if only doing edge to edge pantographs (I think this is what they are) - I would expect the stitching to be even and the stitching would look good on both sides.

In my mind, there are longarmers that are artists and technicians, and then there are those that are technicians. And then there are the wannabes.

I am fine with having a technician do my longarming if he/she is good at it. By "technician," I mean someone that knows how to use the long arm well, and the stitching and pattern placement is done with some finesse. An allover edge to edge done well is better - in my mind - than a poorly done "free motion/custom quilted" job.

There are several people that I consider artists that frequently show their work on this board. Felinefanatic is the one that first comes to my mind. I know there are others.

The artists plan their designs ahead of time and may spend as much time on the quilting as the top maker did on the piecing.

What is your tolerance/ability for "quilting out" poorly made tops? (Mine is close to zero)

Last edited by bearisgray; 09-21-2019 at 10:05 AM.