View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 05:30 AM
littlebitoheaven

Default Binding Tool Quilt from Jennie at MSQC

I have finally finished this quilt. It is 64 x 96. Fabrics are similar to the ones Jennie used. So happy to have this quilt completed. Made it for my youngest son who is 56 years old. 100% cotton front with a Berber backing. Used Sullivan's adhesive to put the top and back together. I quilted it with straight-line quilting with my walking foot on my domestic Brother's sewing machine.

I made so many mistakes with this quilt. My binding tool was 1/8" shorter than called for. Cut out all the tool pieces and then the triangles did not fit. Enlarged the triangles and then the patterns did not meet. A mistake that glowed like a bright light. Put the top together and had two sets of 4 blocks in wrong. Took the whole quilt apart and started over. After I put the quilt together the second time, I made over 6 yards of matching bias tape to sew on all the places where the pieces didn't fit.

I won't use Berber again (even though I love it) as it is very, very heavy. I'm really happy with the quilt and also happy that it is finished.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617778[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails binding-tool-quilt.jpg