View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 08:02 PM
toogie

I am so happy for your end result but not too happy with what you had to go through.

Let me tell you a story. I bought my husband a 60 inch TV from Walmart on a Black Friday. It was $1,000. tv for $688. if I remember correctly. Exactly 30 days after we got it, my daughter was here and he keeps the tv on. All of a sudden there was no sound. The picture was playing, but nothing we did in settings, gave it sound. Thank goodness we had kept the box, so we loaded it up and took it in to our local Walmart. They would not exchange it, refund us and to top it all they said because I had not bought the extended warranty, they could do nothing to help me. I was devastated! We are retirees and can't dish out that kind of money every 30 days. Well, we came home and I contacted the maker of the tv which is Vizio. They were very understanding and said they knew what the problem was. They had other people that had called about the very same thing. He said he could send a repairman out (we are very rural) to change the part or they would give us a new one. My husband said a new one that didn't have this problem. Vizio told me what kind of truck to expect, when they were coming, they would dismount the 30 day old one and re-assemble my new tv, setting it all up for us. I can't sing Vizio's praises enough!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-26-2019 at 02:37 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps and remove consumer complaint