View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 08:07 PM
066logger

Default Singer 66-18 knee patching?

First off, Hello everybody! First post here 😊. I’m a complete newb to sewing. More of a chainsaw and tractor kind of guy. But in my never ending quest to become more self sufficient I have decided that I need to be able to sew. Nothing fancy, but just to take care of the clothes I wear out on a day to day basis.

I purchased a singer 66-18 in a nice little wooden cabinet from an older lady for $40 in working shape. Brought it home, cleaned it up oiled it with the correct oil. Greased it with the correct grease. Replaced a few bits and pieces and now it seems to sew pretty good, At least for my limited knowledge 🤷*♂️.

Now, after all this preparation I go to start my first project. Fixing the never ending holes in the knees of my pants. And this brings us to my dilemma... how do I sew a patch on the knee of my pants with the base of the machine in a table as it is?!?! I have scoured the internet for hours attempting to come up with a solution to no avail. Surely there must be a way? I feel like back when this machine was being produced most every household would have had knees to be mended right?

Thank you for your time in advance