Old 09-26-2019, 06:06 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Interesting serger discussion, ladies. I, too, sewed my kids clothes, but used the overcast stitch on my Viking. When I did get a serger, I was disappointed how the stitching held up as well. Loved that Viking machine..and I hardly ever use my serger. Think I need to make a trip to Brady and get it checked out!

Perfect design for the barn board fabric, Carrie! The black binding will frame it nicely. I have some of the red barn board in my stash and am careful when to use it! I shouldn't be as there's more of it at the shop.

On the LA is a long time UFO...88 x 104 quilt made up of stars and 2 1/2" squares. I got stuck on the pantograph...started the second row of stitching too far away and am in the process of ripping that out...almost done...good thing I noticed it about 20" into the row and not when I was finished!

At the sewing machine working on two UFO's. One is upstairs at my little Janome machine. that's a large flying geese pattern to be put in rows for a strippy quilt. The other is the 365 day Challenge quilt started in 2016. Three inch blocks...they can be very time consuming.

I'm off work until a week from Friday...lots of sewing time ahead, but it's a sunny day here and think I will go outside and get some yard work attended to...it's to rain again tomorrow. Been a rainy summer and fall here. Have a good one.