View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 11:06 AM
Krisb

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Well, that thud you may have heard was me falling off the wagon. Having completed about 7 UFOs, I was feeling very self-righteous. The allure of the remainder of the batiks for the JN Bali Wedding Star was irresistible (the Bali pops have been in my sewing room for two years). UPS will shortly be delivering a package. Almost ashamed to say it was over $200. So I am using last month’s birthday exemption and every other exemption any of you can invent. On the plus side, there are 7 fewer UFO’s at my house, on schedule to have none by the time we go to Tarpon Springs, and my two projects for the winter are all kitted up. And I found two backing pieces in the sewing chair for my small machine.

Or the thud may have been me fainting in the parking lot at the grocery store, hitting my head on the cart, then the asphalt, spending five hours in the ER getting an EKG, CT scan, chest and head X-ray, a gazillion lab tests, being informed that there is nothing wrong with me other than a tendency towards low blood pressure (and, thus, fainting), to stay out of sun and heat, and to sit down when I get dizzy.

Too bad it is so far from Halloween, Wouldn’t need a mask; right now my face is frightening enough.