View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 01:14 PM
grann of 6

KrisB, hope you are feeling better. That purchase should help.

Don't you find it interesting that our stash often causes us trouble in that we feel the need to "buy" more fabric to go with what is already causing us trouble. A few months ago I got a free gift of a charm pack of Owls & Pals, the cutest pastel collection I have seen in a long time. I separated the "boy fabric" from the "girl fabric" and came up with 22 boy charms, and 20 girl charms. And of course I had nothing in my stash that even remotely matched. So after some perusing the internet I found that Fabric.com had the charms on clearance, and some of the yardage to match. So I bought another charm pack, and some green for the boy,, and some pink for the girl, costing me $100, but that will make 2 baby quilts, and probably some left. And I am proud to say I didn't buy anything else but the fabric for those 2 baby quilts.

I have all the parts for the Bellagio quilt sewn, now just have to find a suitable fabric for the on point setting, probably the sand color Kona I just bought. Just have to iron all the pieces I just sewed and it will be ready for assembly, after I get the This Way and That quilt off the big table.