View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 09:13 AM
zozee

Just checking in . Yesterday I finished my master bedroom closet and am very pleased. I think in the future I'll do it the same way: the upper part in the spring, lower part in the fall. It kept the job from being overwhelming.

The upper part is all keepsakes (journals, photo albums, greeting cards I treasure, baby books, kids' cute stuff they made that are extra special, etc). It also has hubby's treasures which I respectfully don't purge without asking.

The lower part consists of hanging clothes, shoes, luggage, camera equipment, and purses.

Or at least that's the ideal. Throughout the year, the closet can become a mausoleum for indecision. ("Just throw it in the closet," "I don't know if I should keep this card," "I'll decide if I want this purse next season." You know the drill.) If I simply make decisions as I go, and am really ruthless with myself about clutter, it helps.

Tell us how your closet month is going. You have today and tomorrow to complete a closet job.

I'm going to work on the linen closet tomorrow. My sewing room closet? Not gonna happen till October.