Thread: Overwhelmed
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 12:33 PM
Dixiemom

Default Overwhelmed

Hi everyone I am new to this board. I have been quilting for about 12 years. I started hand quilting on a grace frame I enjoyed it at first them it became boring, it is still in the frame behind my couch today. Then t went to marking quilts and hand quilting on a hoop. I enjoyed that more because it was more flexible. It took me 3 years but I did eventually finish it.
Today I have made several quilts and even dabbled in embroidery on my old Viking that I have had all this time and just learned how to use.(I know I am slow to learn new things) but really enjoy making the tops. But have spent several hours marking large quilts with plastic templates and struggling to shove them through my Juki 2010 that purchased last year.
Today I am in search of converting my hand frame to a track and carrage long arm system. I don’t know if that is at all possible trying to quilt on a budget. I have bought the plans for Richards quilt frame plans but was trying to use my hand frame some way except holding my couch up.
thanks everyone for listening to me babble. I am excited to learn new things here