Thread: Overwhelmed
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 03:24 PM
juliasb

Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan! I don't know if you can convert your Grace hand frame. I have the Original Grace Frame for machine quilting. It has served me well until just recently. I am afraid it has seen better days. I have most likely worked it to hard. I have found as of today doing my "Quilt as you go" quilt to be one of the more fun quilts I have made in a very long time. Like you I love making my tops and find it more challenging to get the quilt sandwiched and quilted. As of this QAYG quilt I have discovered using the Elmer's washable school glue to be the best option for securing all parts together and make the quilting a breeze!
I have been quilting almost 30 years and find things new here just about every day. So much information boggles the brain from time to time and I have discovered the traditional quilting of hand quilting on a frame for me is now a pleasant past time for the cold month when I have no rush and just want to be lazy. Then I can pick up one of the many tops I have here and just play. Enjoy the wealth of information that is available here.