View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 01:51 PM
SueZQ from MN

I just spent last Sat. afternoon at SR Harris and came home with some great bargains. I have done business with them for 20 years and if they don't have it, I would be surprised. SR Harris is a warehouse store with two locations. One in Burnsville (their second and more traditional fabric store) and the other in Brooklyn Park is their original warehouse. They carry all kind of fabrics including silk, cotton, fur, upholstery and decorator, and all fabric is priced at 50% off the marked price. Most of their quilting cottons are regular price of 11.99 and 12.99, batiks run 16.99. The warehouse has thousands of bolts of batik and quilting cottons. Including 103" wide batik. Both locations also sell trims and buttons of all kinds by the piece. You cut your own fabric, if less than a 5-yard cut, at the warehouse and are expected to replace it where you found it, but their staff will help you if you need it. The owner is a real hoot and knows very yard of fabric that he carries and where it is located in the warehouse. I have to disagree with Macybaby, as I prefer the Brooklyn Park warehouse because it has so much more fabric, and the staff is generally much more helpful and pleasant. Both stores are in safe neighborhoods, and the warehouse is just off of hwy 169, on an off street. While you are on the north end, check out Millie P's in Anoka. (It is only a few minutes from Harris.) It is well organized, has hundreds of patterns sorted by type so they are easy to look thru and their staff is super. Wherever part of the Twin Cities you decide to go to, I am sure you will find shops to browse and goodies to take home. Have fun!!

Last edited by SueZQ from MN; 10-01-2019 at 01:54 PM.