View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 05:40 AM
Iceblossom

I very rarely repeat a quilt but I'm often tempted to just for opportunity to do it "the right way".

Sometimes I come very close to a perfect quilt, but it seems that I am always have learned/desired to do something differently and I have learned to accept that.

All these years and quilts later and I always learn something, some times it's more about me or the recipient than it is about quilting, but there's always something.

If you are destined to remake that quilt, it will come to you -- you won't have to go to it. Learn and grow and go on to the next!

The comments about painters is very true, is also true about photos, a photographer can take thousands of related pictures for that one special shot -- no need to feel bad if our one and done snapshots aren't cover quality.

How about a compromise, what about just remaking one unit of whatever you wish to do. You don't ever have to do anything with it ever again, others than just for the purpose of a masters test. Not everything we do needs to end up as a quilt. I do things for fun or skill building or just for fun and I try to turn them into quilts but some things were never destined to end that way. Like I know I'm going to make some "Bad Sue" blocks, probably not enough to make a quilt, maybe enough to make a wall hanging -- all I know is I have 6-7 blocks in me waiting to come out!