View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 03:15 PM
quiltingcandy

I have the Husqvarna Designer Topaz 20. I have had it about 4 years now. And I love it - but I was not looking for an embroidery machine when I bought it. It was time for my little FW to go in for a full spa treatment and the shop is also a Husqvarna/Viking dealer and he asked if he could interest me in an embroidery machine. My response was. "I don't have $4000.00 to invest in a sewing machine." He said he could make me a deal for not even half. And wishing 20 minutes I was hooked. It was the floor model, and had the full warranty and 4 lessons. I did not know when I bought the machine about needing an embroidery program - the one from Viking 5D Embroidery was $350.00, but it expanded the program that came with the machine 100%. And I have a friend that helped me learn all the things the embroidery things. (i.e. the difference of an alphabet vs font). My largest hoop is 200 x 260mm. And even though I have been tempted to look at machines with bigger hoops I don't think I will.

My friend that helped me with my machine moved to the Phoenix area and she bought the Brother PE770. It uses the Embrilliance program and it has a lot of options my program does not have. But her largest hoop is 5 x 7 - so when she wants a larger pattern she uses my machine.

You can check out different machines at shows and dealers. Find out what you like and what you can afford.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 10-02-2019 at 03:25 PM.