View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 09:27 PM
Darcyshannon

Iceblossom, that is a perfect idea for quilts we do for foster kids that age out of the system. Love the color and variety.

I came here to confess that I too have been buying fabric: cute Halloween fabric, darling FQ and must have batiks to keep company with the batik stash that will outlive me. I keep the purchases for each store in reason but it adds up. I was traveling and it gave me an excuse to pop in to new stores.

However, I am finishing up quilts and organizing my fabric so I can meet my goal of two fairly large quilts for the foster kids this year. Also, I will actually finish my Christmas quilt that I put the center together about 2.5 years ago. The quilt store that I bought the layer cake from has sold to new owners. Yep, it was that long ago.

Here is an old UFO. I painted the center back in 2006. I am thinking of couching or using a heavier thread to quilt in a stronger color to make defined sea weed. Also, may add some beads or foil to highlight a few rainbow fish and turtles. Any ideas of how to improve the sea weed or add some detail will be greatly appreciated. I also am looking for ideas on color of thread and design for the tie dye border.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]618077[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 6cd2d76c-d55c-432a-ad7e-f508f4a01caa.jpeg