View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 05:04 AM
Macybaby

I have a Babylock and chose that over Brother because my DH hates Disney. My dealer sells both and they are about the same. I've taken classes on the Brother that is equivalent to my Babylock.

Since there is a good learning curve, you want to make sure to get a machine you'll have support for -either online tutorials or in person classes. My first embroidery machine was a used Pfaff - I never did figure out how to use the embroidery part until after I bought my first Babylock and had learned on that one. After I knew the basics, it wasn't too hard to figure out how to get the Pfaff to work, which I did before I gave it away to someone that wanted to explore machine embroidery.

Once you get a machine, take time to learn about stabilizers and what and when to use the different products. That can make a big difference in the quality of the finished product.

And if you want to do more modifying and creating your own designs and already have a home computer, I'd suggest getting separate software to use.