Old 04-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Mamagus

Well here's my version of a "charm" quilt... ( I have two in the works )
You use as many different unique pieces of fabric that you can muster up. ONE piece has a twin in the quilt. You give the quilt to a young unmarried female. IF her beau can find the twins, then theirs will be a charmed life.

This version comes from an older lady in the Eastern Townships of Quebec. She will be 100 years old in October and I hope to have the quilt ready to show her when my daughter and i go see her on her birthday.

I am making one for my daughter and one for the young lady I hope to have as a daughter-in-law someday. I promise to not give my son any hints!!

I am doing mine like this: Two four inch squares, right sides together. Mark the diagonal and sew 1/4" on both sides. Cut on the diagonal. One for Erin, one for Amy. I am then putting the half-triangle squares together ina ninepatch. The blocks will be on point.

Here are pics of some of the blocks I've done. These quilts will have over 1500 different fabrics in each one. I got most of my blocks on ebay. With my sisters' help from their stashes and from my own and God bless her soul, my Mom's stash, the two quilts will cost me about $70.00 each.

Some of the blue blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8823[/ATTACH]

The greens
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8824[/ATTACH]

The Purples
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8825[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-8823.jpe   attachment-8824.jpe   attachment-8825.jpe