View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 11:35 AM
costumegirl

This has been a very interesting thread!! Thanks for starting AnngelAnne!! It is great to get to know a little about some of our many members that we see posting and chit chat with in the discussions!

When I joined the board I was working full time as a teacher in high school & sewing & quilting for fun. As a hobby/part time job, I worked for three community theater groups and for two university theater departments in the costume/wardrobe departments. When I retired from teaching it became my full time job.

I learned a lot from the many professionals that I worked with and loved doing it. Although it could be stressful at times especially when a deadline was getting close and we had many costumes to complete for a big production or when some of the theatrical productions were very intricate. It was lots of fun working with the different personalities and trying my hand at making many different styles of garments and props.

Many times I would get home late after a long sewing day or a performance and just chill out by reading the interesting topics here on QB. This group was a "calm" place for me to come to - to spark my creativity and my personal projects.

Last edited by costumegirl; 10-06-2019 at 11:38 AM.