View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 06:07 AM
Snooze2978

I understand about tomato overload. My vines did very well this year and I can give only so many away to others until they start to run away from me when they see me coming with basket in hand. Anyway I knew I had plenty of salsa and then I found out I was low on Spaghetti sauce so made up another 12 qts to make it 24 in my store room. Then decided to try my hand at tomato soup. My sister had made some and said it was quite tasty so thought.....okay I'll make up some. I added a sweet potato, carrots, celery, onions and red peppers to it, cooked it down and then pureed it. Made up 50 pts and 1 qt within 2 batches. Think I have enough to last me for a year or two. Still have what seems like a ton of tomatoes on my counter , mostly green as I picked them due to lower temps coming our way. Will prepare them for the freezer until I need them for something else. Have pulled the vines but didn't get them chopped up to bag before the cold rain hit us yesterday around 3PM. Still raining this morning and we're expecting freezing temps sometime tomorrow. Will have to check out the ketchup recipe but as I don't use much ketchup I doubt I'll make any but love checking out new recipes just the same. Never thought about ketchup.