View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 07:12 AM
bkay

Think of another direction: https://hollyknott.com/stq/shooting.htm

Shooting your quilt indoors gives you much more control. Your best outdoor light is about sunset. Earlier than that washes out your colors. With indoor light, you can shoot anytime. The cost of the setup is similar. I used to photograph plants as a hobby and food as part of my business, so have some amateur experience. The quality of the photo is in the quality of the light, as most any camera will work well these days. The cost of the bulbs has decreased so that they are affordable. The last bulbs I bought were day light, full spectrum, compact fluorescent. That was about three or four years ago, so do your research on what is current. I bought the bulbs from 1000bulbs.com (I still have two, unused, in the box, so the label was still still there.) I think they were about $5.00 each and you will need several.

One other note - the bulbs wouldn't fit the older light fixtures that I already had (clip on aluminum lights used in the garage). The base of the bulbs is too big. I had to buy new ones, but they were available at Home Depot. That's just to say don't buy the fixtures before the bulbs arrive if going this way appeals to you.

bkay