Thread: Calgary Shops?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 05:14 PM
Tish05

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Well, I didn't get to Beiseker, unfortunately, but I did get to Along Came Quilting, which was a wonderful shop...I went twice. They were so helpful and had an amazing assortment of fabrics. I also went to My Sewing Room, which had some bag making supplies and Out of Hand, which was truly out of hand...I've never seen so much fabric piled everywhere! I did find exactly the right focus fabric that I've been searching for under a rather teetering pile of bolts, so that was a good thing.

All in all, I had a very good day quilt store hopping in Calgary.

Watson
I'm glad you enjoyed your shopping experience. I just bought a number of batiks from Along Came Quilting for the Turtle quilt I'm currently working on. I also had a great experience with a saleslady who listened to what I liked, and didn't care for, and ran around the store bringing me beautiful bolts of fabric to consider. So much fun.
I didn't mention Out of Hand when you asked because I took a class there and just couldn't imagine recommending them to someone I don't know, because of the chaos. My mom and I were laughing that we'd never seen "shelves" for fabric that were bolts of fabric.