View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 06:47 AM
Tish05

Originally Posted by mindless View Post
Tish, can you tell us where you buy Fireside Fleece? It's new to me too, and sounds like fun to try.

I was able to find only 1 online store that has it...in a limited number of colors.

All of these quilts posted here sure are pretty!
They sell Fireside at a number of the quilt stores in and around Calgary, so I've been buying mine at the store. There is a Canadian online store in British Columbia called DinkyDoo who sell it online and often have sales if you purchase an entire bolt.

Re the question about balls of fuzz, I haven't washed my Life of the Honeybee quilt yet (it's the black backing in the pictures), but it's been used on our bed in our motorhome and there's no fuzz or pills on it yet.

As far as the available colours, it doesn't come in a huge range of colours but the colours that are available are still pretty useful. For the two quilts I'm currently working on, both for my brother's teenage granddaughters, I chose a lime green for the turtle quilt and a purple for the cat quilt. I think they will look great when done and I think the girls will love having that as the back side of their quilts, since they both like colours (what teenage girl doesn't?)