View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 08:11 PM
barbarakibler23

Thanks for sharing your pictures Jenn....

The picture of you on a horse reminds me of a picture of my sister. She has this same picture. Must have been a thing back when we were growing up. Getting pictures of kids on pony's.

Love the fabric and your blue hair!!!

Barb

Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
Thank you everyone for the birthday greetings and candies. I had a wonderful day yesterday.

I found my baby book this summer while cleaning out closets and discovered something that I never knew before. I lived in Washington, D.C. when I was two/three years old... and the address was in the baby book! My BFF (Sarah) drove two hours to my house to drive me there so I could see it and try to remember something. (I don't drive in DC! I needed to breathe into a paper bag just being the passenger!)

The first picture is me at age three in 1954 in front of that house. My deep love of horses started early!

The second picture is my BFF (purple hair) and me (offically a blue-haired old lady) standing in front of the house that I lived in 66 years earlier. I didn't remember anything about it. It was a row of two-story townhouses. My unit had two bedrooms and one bathroom and only 880 square feet! Those must be tiny rooms!

The third picture is the fabric! Even though my BFF doesn't quilt she spent hours in a quilt shop picking out ten yards of fabric for my birthday. Isn't it the most petable fabric? It gives me joy just looking at it. Everyone needs a Sarah in their life! She makes me feel so special.

Unfortunately, the fourth picture shows that I'm still missing four candy envelopes so there won't be an on-time drawing for my birthday.