View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 06:52 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts View Post
It has certainly been frustrating to find what I want and realize it won't fit in the room! I am very glad Ikea is so close to me LOL
Frustrating yes, but the work you put into it now will make you one happy quilter and crafter for many years to come, and with no regrets, knowing you have exactly what you want!

You've got a lot of good thought in your plan already.
Now, start mentally working in your new room, every time you do any of your assorted crafts.
Eg. When you reach for your rulers, or put them away, think where they will be. Etc. Etc.
For your different interests, check to see if everything flows right when you are focused on each.
As you go along, you will start to see any of the hitches, in the master plan and can perfect it even more.

With your need to close things up for Missy Parrot, have you considered large sliding doors?
If you put some large ones down the length, then you could have them stack all together, so only the width of one would cover things when you are open for business!! Some have used the sliders as bonus design walls too.

Instead of the curtain, what about a screen door? Could be a charming touch!

Happy Planning!