View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 10:45 AM
sewingpup

[QUOTE=Onebyone;8315830]The Brothers made for box stores are not made for dealers because there is no profit in them. They are made using the same materials at the same plant. Of course they are cheaper to make so cheaper to sell. They are not made for heavy duty or fast speed. I see a lot of Walmart Brothers at classes and I know these women have thousands of dollar machines setting at home. If they weren't good they wouldn't be using them. I like Eversewn Sparrow 30. For the money it's the best over all machine I have used and like it better then my Bernina.

I just bought a "red machine (Bernina 215)" while they were on sale for $600. A bit pricey for a beginner....but gotta say....I am really liking this little machine....it has a heavier motor and can stitch through layers of denim. It is simple yet has enough stitches and you can easily adjust width and length and is light enough to take to class or retreats. When I was young, my mom got me a cheaper Kenmore because that was all she could afford. It was hard to use and I ended not liking sewing very much and stopped doing it for 25 years! Then I got a bottom of the line Viking and it was a joy to stitch on....so while I have fancier machines now....I think a good brand basic one would serve a beginner well in that if the machine is easy to use and works well, they just may take up sewing forever...and then that little beginner machine would be a great one to take to class....or retreats...just my two cents! Linn...