Thread: new white owner
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 11:29 AM
aztec

Default new white owner

Hi, im Dan, and i was recently adopted by a White FR sewing machine. Previously ive taken in by several singers of various ages and conditions. I still love my Singer collection, however, this White machine is very intriguing to me. I cant find and history, documents, records of this one. She's embossed from what i can tell , in the singer world she'd be crinkle or godzilla finish. I could talk about her all day, but for now, im stuck. Thru the process of cleaning and lubricating the mechanical side if things, ive found everything to be in great working order with a touch of penetrating oil and gun cleaning oil. Ive gotten her to sew perfectly. The light does not work!! the bulb is new and when i remove the assembly from the motor junction, hard wire it directly to a wall outlet, it works, the motor runs normally from the wall outlet thru the foot pedal at variable speeds, when i add the lamp wire to the motor junction, no light, the motor still works fine. If theres a forum i could be recommended to I would be eternally grateful.
Dan