Thread: Twinkle Twinkle
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 03:56 AM
AprilM

So excited! Was determined to keep going back to your photo until i could finally * see *the actual block! Hey, i think i can do this now that i “get” the actual block (sometimes i just have to challenge myself to think outta the box)!

Thank you so much, sewnbyme4u! Now i’m * really * excited because doing your quilt in purples has been on my mind ever since you posted your gorgeous quilt in blues. I only hope mine will be half as successful as yours 😊

So, just to confirm... i am actually seeing a “string-pieced” type of block, right? If i am understanding it correctly, the “leaders and enders” strip is first up on the block applied diagonally - then all of your blues are applied either side of that center strip, working out to the edges on both sides. Then you square up? Do i have the right understanding of the concept now?

If so, i gotta start working on those Leaders & Enders - although i might just have to subvert the intended plan there and commit myself to making Leaders & Enders * only * until i have enough to start the quilt! I know, my plan is kinda backwards 😊 (on the same order as “let’s have a quilt show so we can have vendors!”) but then if it accomplishes the intended purpose i will be happy! Glad there are no Quilt Police here!