Thread: Twinkle Twinkle
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 06:25 AM
sewnbyme4u

Originally Posted by AprilM View Post
So excited! Was determined to keep going back to your photo until i could finally * see *the actual block! Hey, i think i can do this now that i “get” the actual block (sometimes i just have to challenge myself to think outta the box)!

Thank you so much, sewnbyme4u! Now i’m * really * excited because doing your quilt in purples has been on my mind ever since you posted your gorgeous quilt in blues. I only hope mine will be half as successful as yours ��

So, just to confirm... i am actually seeing a “string-pieced” type of block, right? If i am understanding it correctly, the “leaders and enders” strip is first up on the block applied diagonally - then all of your blues are applied either side of that center strip, working out to the edges on both sides. Then you square up? Do i have the right understanding of the concept now?

If so, i gotta start working on those Leaders & Enders - although i might just have to subvert the intended plan there and commit myself to making Leaders & Enders * only * until i have enough to start the quilt! I know, my plan is kinda backwards �� (on the same order as “let’s have a quilt show so we can have vendors!”) but then if it accomplishes the intended purpose i will be happy! Glad there are no Quilt Police here!

Look at my quilt once more.....so far you are off to the right start. Just some notes.....the squares are cut at 2 inches, I cut 1 inch strips of black and sewed them to both sides of the leader and ender strip. I also finished both ends of the block with black. The only measurements that are the same is the width of the center strip and the black strips that are on both sides.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-23-2019 at 07:42 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps