Old 10-24-2019, 12:43 PM
Rose_P

I, too, have some old machines that came with interesting attachments. Sometimes I have sat down and tried what to me are more exotic ones. I love the ruffler foot that was common in the early days of sewing, but I only made one old fashioned apron using it for a DIL who loves aprons. When my daughter was little that would have been fun to use. Now at last we have a granddaughter on the way, so maybe I will be having another look at it.

For quilting I use the usual ones that others have mentioned, and for the last few years i've had one called a bi-level foot that I learned about from a Man Sewing video. That thing works like a dream for sewing neatly at the edge of a binding for the final go-round. Love it!

Editing to add that if you go to look for a bi-level foot for this purpose, look for one that has the high side on your right when you're facing the machine. They make both kinds, but the other way wouldn't work for binding because the entire quilt would have to fit to the right of the stitch line.

Last edited by Rose_P; 10-24-2019 at 12:48 PM.