View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 06:25 PM
Mumto2

Originally Posted by Lena1952 View Post
I am the local coordinator for placemats for seniors. Not an organization, just something I started with our county senior Home bound meals program. They serve 1200 people in our county so this is our goal. They are given to those receiving meals at home to lift their spirits and encourage them to eat better. As quilters we have lots of scrap batting and fabrics, or all the quilters I know do, so it's a great way to use it up. It takes only a little time and fabrics to lifts someone's day. And you get a lift as well by donating. I also make Quilts of Valor and small community quilts that are given to the police to give out at emergencies. I have all the quilts I and my family can use so It feels good to pass along something I love doing. In 50+ years of quilting, I have only sold one quilt. I did not enjoy the experience.
I was wondering about this. My mom had meals on wheels for several years and so enjoyed the cards etc that occasionally came with her meals. I recently really enjoyed making mug rugs.......maybe I will make some inquiries and see if there is something similar where I am.