View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 06:12 AM
grann of 6

Iceblossom, as far as babysitting the grandbundle, do what works best for you. My grandbundles are all grown up and on their own. Just remember that the children made a decision to have a child and make it work into their lives, so you have to do what works for you, not worrying about their inconvenience. I babysat the 2 older boys for 3 months till DD could get them in daycare. Then I was the go to person if they got sick. And their daycare was within 5 minutes of my workplace, so I would often pick them up after work. And it seemed they managed to get sick on my day off work, so I would have them with me all day. I didn't quilt back in those days, but did sewing for people, so I would sew during naptime, etc. Then when DSs kids came along, I went out to their house every day and babysat while DDIL conducted her at-home graphic arts business. I have never regretted any of it, being with the grandbabies was something that can never be redone. My oldest DGS keeps in touch with me even though he lives and works in Utah. So cherish whatever moments you can scrape up with the little guy.

Well, I need to get back to the longarm and start quilting the Lakeside quilt. It will be just a FM meander, nothing fancy, but something fairly fast, have 6 more waiting their turn.