Old 10-26-2019, 03:49 PM
Rhonda Lee

Default I spent a wonderful week at Quilts on the Corner in Salt Lake City Utah.

Each day was jam packed with learning and doing and more learning. Do I ever have an appreciation for all of you long-armers!!! By the end of each day I was completely bone tired; my mind was brimming over with new information and new use of muscles let me know about them too. The first day my anxiety was through the roof and by the end of the week the anxiety had greatly diminished.

"Boot Camp" for new users of the Innova Longarm is appropriately named. I was thrilled to be part of a 6 student class. We came from New York, Washington, Arizona, Idaho, and Utah. What a fine group of quilters! It was definitely a wonderful thing for me to do. I found out I could do it. I could learn how to operate a long arm machine. I also learned much about robotics. It took the fear away and replaced it with "I can really do this!"

Ranae Haddadin is the owner of the shop and a competition quilter. She is absolutely an incredible teacher and an amazing person, so willing to help us learn, coaching and guiding us all the way.Her quilting skills are unbelievable, spending hundreds of hours (if not more) on her gorgeous quilts. She has won many awards and placed first in many competitions. (the big ones, google it !)

I also had the privilege to study under Roberta. Her remarkable knowledge with robotics was taught with kindness and consideration. Her tremendous skills helped so much with learning. I'm so impressed with her.

My thank you's to Ranae and Roberta can't be loud enough or strong enough to convey the gratitude I have for each of them.

The answer is "YES!" I will go ahead with my plan for getting an Innova. I'll let you know when that happens!

Last edited by Rhonda Lee; 10-26-2019 at 04:00 PM.