View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 07:49 AM
Iceblossom

I currently get a lot of quilting done because I don't do a lot of other things... lol helps that hubby and I are tolerant of each other and our overall lack of concern of dust bunnies, they fit right in with all the other critters in the house. He appreciates that I am able to keep busy and not fussy about him working so much. The reality is we need the OT, and he is a dedicated worker and I love that and admire that about him.

I'm really grateful that I've been able to have the whole house and the whole day to spread out my stuff, but it won't curtail me much at all to put it back in the sewing room. I'll be getting my steps in doing baby care instead of sewing.

I've had way too much coffee this morning and I did get all the pinned strips/sashing sewn once the hubby got up This is a diagonally set quilt and those long rows of sashing are long! They just went on and on and on.

But it is time for bowling date day and a couple of thrift stores. Like I say, I find some wonderful fabric and I pass up more than I take -- most of the time anyway. Today I'm actually hoping to find a couple of nice pairs of heavyweight leggings, the type with the really big bold knit print designs not subtle ones. I often find leggings with the store tags still on them, people get them home and find they are the wrong size or whatever. Last year I upgraded my jackets/blazers/sweaters, and then this year I've been working on various flow-y tops which I like pairing with leggings. I'm actually very happy with my wardrobe even though it is self described as "hippy dippy weather chickie" I'm really trying for more of a Stevie Nicks look than Rainbow Brite, but sometimes I wonder on my success ratio.