View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 06:15 AM
grann of 6

I am off this morning to my oncology appointment and will drop off 6 quilts to them for raffle to chemo patients. I make them 12 a year so they can raffle off one a month. So my "obligation" is done for the year. I have made several quilts for my friend in NC for her to give to needy people who need a hug. Now I can play with my own fun stuff. I have 6 quilts yet to put on the longarm. After that I intend to just have fun with the stash. All 50 quilts I have made this year have used at least one precut and yardage from stash, only a couple needed a purchase of backing. So, you do the math, too much math for me, but I have empty spaces on the shelves and an empty file drawer that once held jelly rolls. I will say it has been a labor of love challenging myself to using stash.

Here is a funny thing my DS said to me the other day. I told him I would love to put new siding on the house. He looked at it and said, "It's fine, Mom, go buy a new sewing machine instead. You will get more enjoyment out of that then new siding on the house." I love that "boy".