View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 08:47 AM
Iceblossom

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, Judith. It's ok to go into a funk. It's one of the things I really like about this board is I keep getting enough ideas to not go into a funk or be overwhelmed by the fabrics I'm trying to use. Just when I'm looking for my next project, one comes up! That's the nice thing about fabric is it will be there when you want it, and if you don't want it any more -- well, it doesn't mind being passed on. I like having something to work on, it helps me from going into funks.

The Scrap Metal project is coming to a close, it will be worth a picture by the end of the day, even if not complete it will be substantially. All of the rows of sashing are on and now I'm joining rows together. I'm used to a certain length of things, and these diagonal rows are so long! Still, this is always a joyful part of the project for me, when all the front loading of work comes to a fast and speedy end.

And I already know what the next project is, as well as the other things I have going along on the side

Take care all, Grann my thoughts are with you as you go to the doctor.

BTW, leaving the setting triangles large is not causing me any issues with the sashing. Once the rows are together I will be trimming down using the points of the diagonally set blocks as my reference and they will all be trimmed down to the seam allowance.

PS: No fabric came home with me this weekend. I did get three pairs of bright bold leggings, all on tag day (so half off) for about $10 total, and keeping Rainbow Brite in mind, I passed up on some of the bold funky new knee high socks they had that were really appealing to me.