View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 05:51 AM
janjanq

Originally Posted by Rose_P View Post
If the undo process was very long and frustrating I know that I have to give it a rest before I redo because if I don't chances are pretty good that I'll make another mistake very soon down the road. I'm much more likely to mess up if I'm tired or distracted. The most frustrating thing for me is to sense a hint (Is that fabric upside down? Do I hear a funny sound from the machine? Is the tension still set for the last project?) and yet find myself just continuing to the end of the seam or whatever. Disregarding even the least little bit of an anomaly is almost always going to result in just that much more un-stitching, but I seem to have an almost irresistible urge to fight that gut instinct that tells me something is wrong and I need to stop - NOW! - and find out what it is before it gets worse. There's a little lying devil on my shoulder saying, "Shut up! It's fine!"
Last week I was sewing a long pieced row to another long pieced row. After carefully pinning and matching seams I proceeded to sew. First the needle came unthreaded. Then I sewed a few inches and realized I forgot to change the stitch to the quarter inch seam setting. After tearing that out I sewed a few inches and my bobbin ran out of thread! Then I started again but had to stop to answer the phone. Ok, finally got going again. I sewed a few a few more inches but something still didn't seem right. Then I realized that I was about to sew the row to the wrong side of the of the other row!
I think my machine was trying to warn me! It just didn't want to sew that seam!

Last edited by janjanq; 10-29-2019 at 06:00 AM.