View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 07:32 AM
Barb in Louisiana

Your fabric is so well defined in the squares that I would really think about doing something that looks like a stitch in the ditch. An overall e2e would be confusing to my eyes. Maybe stitch as a 16 patch grid and then go back in and fill in every other 16 patch with a single open work quilting design. What is your husband interested in? Find a coloring page that you like, then adjust the size to fit the size of the 16 patch blocks. For those that don't have other stitching in them, I would continue to accent the squares by stitching around each set of 4 blocks.

Or, find the center or where you want the center to be and do some straight line stitching making a square on point. Then echo that inward about every 1/2 to 1 inch. Then do something else when you go further out. That would give you a focus center.

Print out your picture and draw on it. You might find a wonderful design you really like.

I did some funky stuff on my laptop. Nothing is square because I can't draw a straight line on it, but I thought this might give you the context of my ideas.

! I didn't realize this was the back of the quilt. My bad. We need to see the front of the quilt Please.
Attached Thumbnails wholecloth-squares-lg-4x4-grid.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-29-2019 at 02:52 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps