View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 08:36 AM
plays10s

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
Your fabric is so well defined in the squares that I would really think about doing something that looks like a stitch in the ditch. An overall e2e would be confusing to my eyes. Maybe stitch as a 16 patch grid and then go back in and fill in every other 16 patch with a single open work quilting design. What is your husband interested in? Find a coloring page that you like, then adjust the size to fit the size of the 16 patch blocks. For those that don't have other stitching in them, I would continue to accent the squares by stitching around each set of 4 blocks.

Or, find the center or where you want the center to be and do some straight line stitching making a square on point. Then echo that inward about every 1/2 to 1 inch. Then do something else when you go further out. That would give you a focus center.

Print out your picture and draw on it. You might find a wonderful design you really like.

I did some funky stuff on my laptop. Nothing is square because I can't draw a straight line on it, but I thought this might give you the context of my ideas.

I didn't realize this was the back of the quilt. My bad. We need to see the front of the quilt Please.

This is the front of the quilt. It is upholstery fabric. I cannot do free motion quilting. It has to be a computerized e2e design. Sorry. I sure would love to be good enough to free motion. Your design sounds great, only I can't do it.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-29-2019 at 02:51 PM.