View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 12:50 PM
SueZQ from MN

In 2017 when I decided to quit doing craft shows after 25 years, I did a major clean out of all of my craft supplies, and all of the fabric that I didn't think I'd ever need again. It was a huge job that took me three solid months to sort and price. I sold over 1000 yds. of fabric at $1-3/yd. and donated almost as much. I had tubs and tables filled with craft supplies priced at 25 cents, and sold thousands of items. Did I get my money back? No, but I had decided that what I would get was more than I would if I kept all of that stuff and never used it. I cleared an entire bedroom, made a bunch of money, and made hundreds of other sewers, crafters, and quilters very happy. I advertised it as a craft and sewing supply sale and attracted people that knew what everything was worth, so they knew they we getting great deals. The best part was that I didn't have to haggle prices with anyone, there were no pictures to post, no mailing to deal with and no selling one item at a time on line. Yes, it was a lot of work, and I still have fabric and sewing supplies to last me a lifetime, but now when I am gone, there will be a lot less "stuff" for someone to deal with.