View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 04:10 PM
lynnie
Power Poster

i started to sew at three. my neighbor had a wonderful box of buttons. Remember Charles Chips tins?
well, I wanted those buttons, My neighbor, Aunt Betty, said i could have them, but i had t sew them down to fabric.
so, out came the big darning needle with some thick thread, and i learned how to sew a button down.
OMG, I was hooked. at 7, i started to sew squares together. Never made much of it, but it was a start.
by 12, i was sewing all my cloths. babysitting to make money to go to the fabric store to buy fabric for cloths.
in 7th grade, for my Confirmation, I made my own short sleeved dress. it was beautiful.
I quilt, a lot, and started very early, before quilting was a thing to do. I had to ouse fabric scraps and stuff in
the stores that were mainly calicos. The other day, a woman i sew with, told me i was a terrible sewer!!!
The only thing i could say to her was that i won 2nd and 3rd bet overall at the first quilt show i entered.
How dare she! I'm a sewer, quilter and I try to encourge anyone who wants to learn. I've also taught quilting.