Old 10-31-2019, 06:23 AM
Iceblossom

Wow, sounds like you have quite the collection(s), glad to have you join us. I spent a number of years cleaning and refurbishing post-war Japanese machines and donating them to a charity but I am not a machine expert at all -- but we have them here!

I'm jealous, I don't come from a family tradition of quilting so I have no childhood memories of quilts or quilting.

I have a pretty large stash myself, most of mine comes from thrift store shopping. I like to keep busy and always have a project going on, but I simply can't afford that at $12 a yard -- but I can at $1-2 a yard. The area I live (Seattle) is pretty wealthy and the thrift store shopping is excellent for those of us on a tighter budget. No, I can't always get what I want, but I can afford to buy anything I want!

Glad to have you here and we always love pictures. Took me a few months to figure out the connections between my old camera and software and here, but being a bit wordy a picture is worth 10 thousand words

My last couple of projects were from pre-cut squares that were given to me. I think I made some pretty good quilts out of them but I found I didn't enjoy working with the squares, and so I passed on a lot more than I used.

For those Hawaiian shirts, this project is so fun but maybe too literal??
Moda Shirt-oops