View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 08:30 AM
Onebyone
Power Poster

I pack up a box or bag of something from my sewing room every month and take to our guild's free or sale table. I keep my clutter controlled doing this.
When my friend had to deal with her great aunt's ( no spouse, children, or siblings left) house of 60 plus years of her saving everything, she saved the important items, some valuable items, and family items. She didn't pack anything, left everything just as it was. She put a big sign out front that said everything in house FREE. First come. The house was cleared out of every single thing in two days. She said she saved many days of tedious work and saved more money then trying to sell all of it. Sure a lot of people got great finds. Seems the ones in need saw the sign. A young mom was in tears getting the fridge and dining set she needed. A young man lost his apartment by fire and was thrilled he was able to get the tv, sofa and bedroom set. So many others finding what they have been needing and at the end seems the resell people were the last to come and take things. Everything worked out like it was meant to happen. She wasn't out any money at all and very little time. The house was ready to put on the market after a good cleaning. Listed under market value and it was sold in two weeks.