View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 07:55 AM
Ellen 1

Originally Posted by copehome View Post
Anyone ever added more quilting after you have finished the quilt - including binding? I finished a baby quilt that I think needs more quilting than I did. If you've quilted "after the fact" how did it work for you? Any tips or recommendations?
Yes. If I see a spot that I missed I will add quilting. If you have gotten to the point of having binding on, I doubt the layers will move much, if any, with more quilting. Go ahead and add the quilting. You will be happier with it.

This can be done on the machine you used to quilt the first of the quilt (as with a domestic machine). I am using a longarm. I just pin the quilt back on the leaders on the frame the same way I did when the quilt was just a backing. You just have to be careful not to quilt on the binding. (Quilting slower when near the edge with the longarm). :-)

I have also done as Dunster said and just clamped the quilt around the frame. I use the clamps to hold the quilt in place so I can wrap it around the frame....that is basically the same result as pinning.

Last edited by Ellen 1; 11-02-2019 at 08:05 AM.