View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 04:10 PM
barbarakibler23

So we had to give Gigi back to a trainer. This happen a few weeks after we got her. We had already fallen in love with her, but she did not even like my husband. Every time he would walk into a room it was like he was a new person coming into our house she would bark and show her teeth at him. We hoped it would change with time but it did not. If he gave me any affection she would bite him. So I was afraid what she would do with my grandchildren. I was afraid if one of them sat on my lap that maybe she would bite them.

So I am hoping that there is some single lady out there that needs a sweet (to me) little dog. Meanwhile there is a dog trainer that took her home with her to give her some training. So she can have a second chance.

One of you gave Gigi a gift card to Petsmart in my birthday card(sorry can't remember who right now) thank you I have donated it to the Huron Valley Humane Society where I volunteer.

I am still searching for the right dog for us. I will let you know when that happens.

Barb

PS It was a decision between rehoming Gigi or my husband.......I thought Gigi would have a better chance of getting a new home.

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
Hello everyone

Hope everyone is enjoying fall. Michigan is one of the loveliest places to enjoy fall with the leaves changing and the cool evening and plenty to do if you are not raking the leaves. (not me anymore I live in a condo)

Last Friday we adopted a 3 year old dog... her name is Gigi and she is adorable. Her previous mom is in hospice so Gigi needed a new mom and a place to live. She is adjusting well, never lived with a man before so barking at my husband's every move was most of our weekend. She is starting to like him now. (good thing, he is probably too old to re-home).
Next she needs to meet the grandchildren to see how that goes. If all goes well we will get to keep her. We already love her so much and she is really attached to me. My little shadow.