View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 06:06 AM
sewingpup

Hi all, umm.....perfection is the question.....well after several years....I am a believer in done is good! I can't achieve perfection....but I am getting better.....the primary question I ask is why am I making this....the answer for the most part...cuz it is fun....it is my hobby. a secondary answer is to make something useful. In general, I make utility things...that get used. I have made a few "art quilted items" but that is not my passion. so....when making something that is difficult and I am not reaching perfection....I go back to my base question...."am I having fun?" I don't really get much enjoyment out of remaking, re-stitching, something a lot....so in general, I have a rule...3 tries and it stays. I also compare my peicing and quilting with myself only...years ago...I think my points were fairly decent about 30% of the time....on a recent project...I thought...yikes most of my points are pretty good! I like to tell my critics...you can choose to look at my good points or the bad...whatever you chose...it is not my problem. I do the same thing with my lawn...I don't use chemicals nor do I weed a lot. so...I tell them...you can choose to look at the weeds or the flowers....your choice. or another good choice is to call the weeds flowers...they are pretty! I love the bright cheery dandilions that spring up in my yard as the first bright flowers after a long cold winter....I have started a champaign for dandilion appriaciation...please join in tee hee...Lin